Thursday, June 19, 2008

Picture of the Week: friends for life

Anyone who knows me knows just how much I value friendship. I have some of the most AWESOME friends in the world and these ladies are my lifelines. Within this special group I have three very best friends I have known for more of my life than not. We most definitely come as a set—we are best friends as a group and not so much as individual pairs. In high school we called ourselves the BOMB SQUAD and, well, I am not really sure why I shared that cheesy little tidbit but there you go! Because of that, we like to spend time all together as much as possible. We call it best friend time and it’s just never the same if one of us is missing. Of course this has been hampered by my move out of the state as I have been the odd man out plenty of times but this past weekend because I was in the sunny state of California, I made sure I had time to see my friends while I was there. The problem was Melanie was out of town on Saturday night when we got together for dinner and she was bummed she was missing out on the quality friend time we were having. She implored us to not have fun without her. Fat chance!



Jasmine, being the thoughtful friend that she is, made this sign and brought it to the restaurant. After 548 attempts at trying to take the picture ourselves on the camera phone, a nice gentleman came to help out and put us out of our misery. We sent it off to Mel, thousands of miles away at a show in Philadelphia, to let her know we were thinking of her.





And then Mel sent us this picture back! You’ve got to love technology these days. Even when you are separated by the furthest of distances, you can still feel close to one another.

LOVE YOU GUYS!

11 comments:

anonymousnupe said...

If I were a woman I'd say, "I hate you all." But since I'm me I'll just make that pic of the three of you my wallpaper, on all four of my PCs/laptops, and dare Mrs. Nupe to say one word about it.

White Flower said...

Bomb Squad for life!

I just emailed the other pictures, too : )

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

great pic
nice to have friends as u describe
even a blessing
hope u dont mind the drive by
anywho have a great day btw, oh and chk this, i made a new word the blinded by the Obamafication of America

Jasmine said...

Wow...who's the most amazing friend who made that sign?!?! Oh yeah...it was ME!!! Hollla!

Anonymous said...

Ms. Glenn,
The "Bomb Squad" huh? I'm singin' "Boom like an 808" just for you girls now!
Daniel

Anonymous said...

I love Mel's hair style!!
Next time I'd like to be invited as a Melanie fill in. Thank you!

p.s. Bianca, did Bri tell you that last week on my walk with the kids we ran across Alondra to visit you and you weren't home? Infact, no one was!

Brianna said...

@ nupe...we'd hate for you to have that type of distraction. I'm sure you must have very important matters to attend to during the day and you will be of no help to anyone if you are just sitting there daydreaming... :)

@jas...bianca still thought of the green curtains though!

@brit...you can be a fill in...but the rule is NO KIDS ALLOWED!

White Flower said...

Brit, you are more than welcome to hang out... and so is Ty. He's so cute, once he smiles at Bri, she'll be over her fit.

Brianna said...

umm...don't forget there is also that whiny newborn in the picture. haha...just kidding. love you tristin.

Anonymous said...

haha
I'm so telling her you said that!

melanie said...

finally! i'm in l.a. with my computer again! sorry i took forever.
i love you though, which i'm sure i told you on the phone (and in messages to you twins--TODAY), but i realize that is not enough for you, and it doesn't count unless its written on your blog. so as the kids said back in the days where we were just baby bf's: whoomp. here it is.
i love you i love you i love you!
more than philly cheesesteak.