Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Time for Change...

If you asked me how I'm feeling right now I wouldn't even know where to start. I feel everything. excited. nervous. scared. hopeful. optimistic. determined. inspired. fired up. calm. crazy. and basically so far out of my comfort zone it ain't even funny. And I think that's what is most important--that I'm not comfortable and that I am okay with it because something tells me I'm headed down the right path. I feel it in my gut. Granted, it is a somewhat scary and slightly unknown path, but that's kind of what makes it so awesome. I am choosing the road less traveled and taking a risk and I am proud of myself for doing so, because it is only with great risk that you reap great rewards.

Let's back up…

I'm sitting in a hotel room in Daytona Beach, Florida with a rental car parked out front packed full of suitcases filled with my most important belongings. Basically this means all my track stuff and far too many pairs of shoes I won't ever wear. Lord willing, I will find a more permanent residence for me and my shoes in the next few days, and then I will live in Daytona Beach for the remainder of the season and train here under a new coach. It's a move that many would call crazy, and they might be right. But sometimes crazy is good. And sometimes crazy is necessary.

I started off this season with a very specific goal in mind and the attitude that I would do everything in my power to achieve it. So here I am, taking a leap of faith in a totally different direction and believing that it is the right thing for me personally to do. Change isn't always easy. There was a part of me that wanted to continue to fight for what I knew and for what felt comfortable, but the more insistent part of me dared myself to go all in. The deep part of my soul that knows how badly I want to be my very best self this summer forced me to get uncomfortable and to make changes that I believe in my heart will be best for me.

I love California. I love training at the Olympic Training Center. I love the people I worked with on a daily basis and being near all my friends and family. But there was a key component I knew I was missing and it was up to me to finally go find it. My reason for being out here is simple: To be fully committed to what I am doing and have complete faith in everything I do. I feel that I am in a place where I can do that and I know that this shakeup is what I needed to make that happen. I have had so much change over the course of my career and have learned to become a healthy critic of everything I do, but now is not the time to doubt anything but to put all my eggs in one basket and just go for it. And so I am.


17 comments:

andrekel said...

Wish you the best of luck. Praying that you meet all your goals. Hope to see you representing the US this summer. Best wishes n God bless.

Anonymous said...

Endless Blessings on this new leg of your journey!

Anonymous said...

Good luck, this is huge, will be praying for you. It will not be easy at first but you will come out victorius. Keep your head up, stay positive, HARD WORK pays!!! I hope to see you in London. YOU know you are one of the best in the world, so make it happen.

Anonymous756 said...

Florida has a lot of cockroaches, don't let them lay any eggs in your ears while you sleep.

Brittany said...

I love you and pray that #1 you stay safe and #2 this all works out in the way the Lord has planned it to.
<3

Jolene said...

Best wishes to you Bri. You saw an opportunity and you went for it. Buckle down and eat, sleep, drink training. Ficus on the gial and you will get there. I will be watching here in Eugene when you make that A Standard jump. FLY! Jolene

Jolene said...

oops. FOCUS on the GOAL... LOL

Daniel said...

Ms. Glenn,
So with you, it’s always `let’s get out the special encryption decoder book for your “informative” posts’, lol.
Does this mean you’re now with Coach Rana Reider, the same Mr. Reider who coaches the fabulous Mr. Dwight Phillips? I’m thinking the beautiful Danielle Carruther’s is there too.
Am I close? Nuclear detonation close even?

Anonymous said...

Hey Ms. Glenn,
Can we use your spot for spring break?

Florida is a great state to train and so many fine athletes surface from there. Who knows if this move will achieve the results you are working for, I for one am happy you are put it all out in the sand pit. I hope your knew coach is spiritually equipped because a kindred soul will support your confidence as you take flight.

On another subject, take a good look at purchasing a townhouse or single family home. There are so many good deals for you to take advantage of in that collapsed housing market. Renting out to some of your foreign opponents will be helpful for your sole proprietorship.

Daniel said...

Ms. Glenn,
Since you managed to get to Daytona at the right time, head over to the Speedway and catch some of the AMA races.
Look for the Jordan Suzuki team (yes, THAT Jordan). #23 Ben Bostrom. He’ll sign something for you, lol!
(The place to watch, as they come off the banking into the infield. Also watch one of the Flat Track races in the West Lot the 15th or 16th)

Allen W said...

Wish you the very best on this move. As for your comment about "putting all your eggs in one basket", you may not have a choice in all this. After all this is about London is it not? Best wishes and good luck. Take care

Brianna said...

thanks for the positive comments, everyone!

and yes, my new coach is Rana.

Brianna said...

thanks for the positive comments, everyone!

and yes, my new coach is Rana.

Daniel said...

Ms. Glenn,
That is awesome news! Any chance on Rana Reider resurrecting a bit of sprinting also? I’m very glad to see the rebirth of Tianna Madison.
So … if you’re East Coast now, any chance of Mt. SAC? A relay even, maybe?
I gotta ask, ‘cause you won’t tell :-)!

Anonymous said...

Glad you have the courage to take a leap of faith to pursue your Olympic dream! God bless :)

Anonymous757 said...

Spring Break going on right now in Florida...any Brianna Gone Wild raised shirt pics on the way?

CD said...

Good for you Bri. Make it happen.