Monday, March 14, 2011

Honorary Kardashian

I am body conscious. That is not to say I'm body obsessive, or have serious body issues beyond what is normal for any person with two X chromosomes, but I definitely am a person who takes constant inventory of where things are sitting and how they are looking. It's not just for vanity's sake-- although I'd be lying if I said that didn't play a part-- but it also is for physics sake. My body has to fly through air. It would be silly of me to not pay attention to the amount of mass I'm asking to travel through space for 23 feet, not to mention the look of that mass in a tiny pair of briefs and a sports bra top.

Right around this time of year my body is probably at one of it's largest sizes, pound wise. I'm eating an incredible amount and not really worrying about it and I'm lifting heavy. Pretty much every time I put on a pair of jeans it requires the jump and squat a few times before they are button-able. Ladies, holler if you hear me. I actually find myself opting for leggings about 70% of the time. Lord help me if those go out of style.

I grew up a pretty scrawny kid. I would love, Love, LOVE to have a curvy body but the deck is (literally) not stacked in my favor. So this is my time of year when I get to call myself "thick". Some people may laugh in my face but they didn't know me as a 14 year old who used to wear sweats under their jeans to fill them out a little better. This is progress. Maybe one day when I don't work out for a living and I've had a couple of kids, the meaning of thick and curvy will take on a whole new meaning, but for now this is as close as I'm going to get. Am I giving Kim Kardashian a run for her money? Probably not. But I plan on enjoying my curves. I'll even do a Dove commercial if they ask me. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some nude pictures of you would help us decide if you are full of it or not! :)!

Anonymous2 said...

How can you put this topic up without any picts in jeans or leggings with with front, side,or backside views. Most of the pics I see are of you flying through the air landing in sand. Those pics are good too, but just trying to stay with the topic.