Friday, January 14, 2011

Enjoying the Sunshine..

Day 10

People come from all over the world to train at the Olympic Training Center during the winter months. I never really thought much about it, but this week, as I see athletes training hard all day long and soaking up every last bit of sunshine, I kind of get it. It's easy to train in San Diego. While the rest of the country is shoveling snow and trying to stay dry, we are enjoying 75 degrees with a light breeze. Besides that ridiculous storm a few weeks ago, it's like that here more often than not and I've learned to appreciate the added value that brings to training. I work harder and enjoy training that much more because I get to do so in perfect weather pretty frequently.

It's Friday now...the end of my work week...and I'm absolutely exhausted. But I feel like I've put in a great week of practice and I've enjoyed working hard AND working on my tan. Now I'm going to enjoy a couple of days off, recuperate, and hit it hard again next week. I've already checked the weather and it seems I have some more sunshine coming that I must take advantage of. :)

Have a great weekend!!


(sunset last week at Sunset Cliffs)

3 comments:

Allen W said...

It has been a while since I have responded to any of your messages. I will have more to say later, however, with your weekend update here, I just wanted to say Hi from Minnesota. Yeah, snow, snow, snow, and cold, cold, cold. And lots of it. I do get some running in, but is far from track weather here. Just thought I would vent here. Take care and I hope all is well

Anonymous said...

Re: On your previous blog............

What is a "Flying 20" and what is the new record time?

Brianno Glennisimo Smith said...

You said so many posts in so many days!

Liar Liar Pants on Fire!

You get an "F" on your blog challenge. Just thought I'd point this out! Ha ha!