Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Happy Anniversary!


Ladies and Gentlemen, today marks the 1-year anniversary of this here blog. It all started here. I figured I should make note of that fact because it’s amazing to me that I have come up with stuff to write about for a full year on a fairly consistent basis. I wanted to try blogging so that I could document an immensely important time in my life and share it with friends and family, as well as anybody else who might care. It turned out that more people shared the past 12 months with me than I thought would, and beyond people being interested in my goal, they also seemed interested in me. And because of that interest I felt a responsibility to be as honest and real as possible. I’ve caught some flak for it because I guess there is no way to please everybody but I still think it was a great experience overall. This blog truly helped me through some hard times. When I was stuck in Tucson, removed from my friends and family and dealing with the stress and disappointments of being injured and having surgery, I used this blog to express what I was feeling and to simply try and figure out my emotions by getting them out. And I believed it helped. A lot.

I don’t necessarily know what the next 12 months will bring but I am still writing because I suppose it doesn’t make sense to abruptly stop all of the sudden. Of course my reasons for starting the blog don’t necessarily apply anymore but I am still out here living my life, as fabulous or not as it is, and that is something I can always share as long as it holds some interest for people and continues to be a way for me to express myself. Luckily the title of my blog didn’t limit the scope of what you might find here. There are times I wish I could start all over and blog anonymously because I would be able to share in a different way and be more open but I couldn’t figure out a way to talk about a girl who runs track, lived in Tucson and found it quite boring, poses in bikinis, wanted to make the Olympic team more than anything, talks about her abs a lot, and had an untimely knee surgery. I simply had too many obvious traits that would have given me away unfortunately.

Anyway, I just wanted to make sure I took this opportunity to thank the people that visit. I don’t know what brought you here, how long you’ve been visiting, or why you even care, but I’m glad that you do. In fact, if you wouldn’t mind perhaps you can answer those questions for me in the comments and I can get to know a little bit about you as well. Regardless, I am glad that you are here. Being the narcissistic person that I am, I suppose I wouldn’t like it so much if nobody ever read what I wrote. I guess that’s why I’ve never been good about keeping a journal.

15 comments:

Jasmine said...

Happy Berfday, Bloggity Blog!

Anonymous said...

Brianna,

Congratulations on your blog's 1 year anniversary! That is quite an accomplishment. Personally, with my "Groundhog Day" existence, I'd be hard pressed to complete a week's worth of blogs. LOL

I originally found your blog via Google around April 07. I had previously watched you run in a televised track meet (can't remember which one or where you placed) and was like "dayum, who is that sexy #@!#$*!" LOL
I confess to being a 100% red-blooded, somewhat voyeuristic brotha who enjoys watching athletic, physically fit and FINE women compete. I for one, find Track & Field, specifically the sprints and jumps, the perfect outlet for my "admiration" of the aforementioned female form.:-)

I must say, I was hooked on your blog from the start. I was pleasantly surprised to find that not only are you an obviously attractive women, but one with a beautiful mind as well. The way you express your feelings and thoughts is very engrossing and insightful.....at least to me anyways. You always come across as very down to Earth. It takes tremendous courage to put yourself out there to total strangers espcially those pesky "anonymous" haters. :-) Whether you realize it or not, you have quite a gift.

As a jock to the core and fitness enthusiast, a little past his best days, I want to thank you for allowing us all to vicariously share your pursuit of excellence and the highs and lows of your life. Although, things didn't work out as you originally planned, you are a winner in my eyes. I really hope you don't decide to give up your Olympic dream. Look at Merlene Ottey, wasn't she close to fitty or sixty the last time she competed? :-) You are a rising star and the best is yet to come!

Stay blessed and keep bloggin'!

Anonymous said...

I meant April '08. :-)

Brianna said...

wow...thanks gamelord!

Anonymous said...

Fellow UA alum, found your blog through a mutual friend's myspace. And I remember seeing you around campus back in the day. I first started reading because I wondered what was so great about you and discovered you're a pretty cool girl. So I totally understand his praises. :)

Keep writing because I love to read your blogs.

Anonymous said...

Ms. Glenn,
Happy Anniversary! Glad you’ve kept with it. Hope that continues.
Since you asked, I’ll answer.
I found your blog via Trackshark (being a big track/distance fan). Probably been, what, 10 months ago? I have always enjoyed whatever subject you’ve broached with each blog, whether track related or not. In fact, I’ve most appreciated that your blog has been so much more than ‘I did this work-out, that work-out, ran 300 meter intervals (you can run that far, right, lol?), blah, blah, blah.’ Instead you have exposed your feelings, the internal process and even fears as an athlete. But where you’ve been at your best is in blogging about the normal activities of life, from shopping to modeling to vacationing, your wit and perspectives have always made me 1) Laugh 2) Think 3) Dream. I absolutely love your comments about dating/males, revealing honest, real human feelings.
There is one last, very personal reason for me reading your blog regularly. (Sorry “anonymous’” I’m not in ‘internet love’ with her; too old and realistic for that). It’s one you will recognize Ms. Glenn. I am interested in how you “place” yourself in life and this world as it is, your perspectives on yourself and your ‘background’. Because my children share a particular part of that with you and I hope it will help me understand their complexity better and thus assist them better as their father. I’ve even used you as a role-model of “the possible” with my daughter. Thank you for that.

PS. Brit Brat; Thanks for understanding I was, in good fun, just playing and not being nasty with the name thing. Props to you too. You know something funny; one of my testicles is bigger than the other too? Well …guess you wouldn’t know that …

Brianna said...

@ C...go wildcats!! what's so great about me??? how long have you got? j/k :)

@ daniel ... i am honored to be any type of role-model.

White Flower said...

HaPpY BiRtHdAY!!!!!! Here's to more...

Anonymous said...

thank you Brianna's blog for allowing me the opportunity to show the world just how funny I am. I mean...I always knew I was funny but this just confirms it!


hahaha just kidding
Bri, I'm glad you started this blog and wrote about your true, uncut feelings and emotions. I've known you for 28 years but this past year is the first time I've really gotten to know YOU! So for that, I am thankful. Please continue to write and share your life so that I can feel apart of it even when I'm not. I love you and congrats!

p.s Dear Daniel,
no I will not date you.
Sincerely, brit_brat

Albert Butler said...

wow mama... i'm so proud of you! and not just because you have given us creatively composed words, but because for an entire year you have given us a clear view into ur life and shared intimate feelings that ran the gamut of emotion - no easy task... so thank u for allowing me to tag along in my window seat... and I (we) look fwd to reading as many more entries as you have to share... much luv n' respect...

t.v. said...

Congrats, lady! Keep blogging. I love it.
It pays to nag sometimes, because then one gets what one wants. ;) lol

brit_brat, that sounds like a music/film award speech. lol

Brianna said...

@ brit...how could you have known me for 28 years when you've only been alive for 25??!! haha

Anonymous said...

Via Trackshark. I think that was great exposure for you.

I think you should keep uploading the blogs on Trackshark as well.

Anonymous said...

dr. james andrews in birmingham alabama is the best person in america to fix your knee. Anyone else really doesnt know what they are doing. Take the trip and get his opinion about what you should do. He is a former track man himself--if your serious go --if you need money ill be the very first on your list to donate to your fix ur knee fund--i hope ur well
joe p. in vegas

Anonymous said...

hahahaha shut up I just realized that
well whatever you know what I meant!