Wednesday, April 30, 2008

If I was stranded on a desert island...

...and I could only take 1 item, guess what it would be?! My computer. And I know technically you should say your bible, and pictures, etc. But I can have those on my computer these days. So really, that's all I need. And yes, I am lightweight addicted. Who am I kidding...it is a full-fledged addiction. I have absolutely no idea how I survived less than two years ago when I didn't have a laptop to travel with. I was a completely different person then. Which is why, my dear friends, I am going crazy. I left on a red-eye Monday evening for a two week journey that will take me half-way around the world. And as I pulled into the long-term parking lot, my heart froze. I forgot my computer. I panicked and checked the time to see if it was at all possible for me to return home and grab it. Of course it wasn't...I arrive at the airport with absolutely no extra time because I hate waiting around. So before I boarded the plane I sent out a plea to my agent to please buy me a computer I could return and bring it with him to Jamaica where I will see him 4 days later. I wasn't kidding...not in the least bit. This is serious stuff. And not just for me and my dependence on the various websites I check daily and the stories I can't wait to share on here, but I was thinking about you as well. What would you do if you had to survive two whole weeks without updates on my so-called fabulous life??? And to top it off, these next two weeks have the opportunity to actually be quite fabulous! First, I am in New York right now and did an awesome photo shoot for Polo Ralph Lauren, then I'm off to Jamaica for a meet, and then fly all the way to the middle east for a meet in Qatar. Imagine the people I might sit next to on the plane and the stories I could tell. And what if I jumped a PR and couldn't share it? Or fell in love with a Qatarian Prince? It simply would not be the same if I shared all of it two weeks after the fact.

So right now I am paying about a months worth of rent to type this short message to you all to inform you that life as we know it is not over. I will have a borrowed computer by Friday. Woohoo. As for now, I would love to post about my double life as a model, but the post needs pictures. I want you to be able to experience it fully. Don't worry...I am fully clothed, so please no hate mail about my lack of decency. So I will hold off on that one but I will continue to update as best as possible. Oh yea, and pray for my knee. I have been on mandatory DO NOTHING status to try and get it to calm down.

14 comments:

anonymousnupe said...

Yeah, you and Miley Cyrus...little nasties!!!

But on the real? Two weeks with no MSCFL?! I think I'd suffer the DTs. It's only been three days and I was just about to make an appointment with my pastor for grief counseling.

Jameil said...

lol. glad you're getting a computer!

ktizzle said...

well i'm sure i don't speak for all of us but i'm sure i speak for a good portion but i personally don't mind the "kini" shots. just as long as they no longer include animal prints and stripes. LOL

well at least you know while you're in Jamaica no one will look at you any different when your fire up one of those Moxa sticks... they may however be disappointed when they realized what it really is and it wouldn't do them any good if you were to pass pon deh right hand side.

just watch out trying to make it out through customs and past the dogs with those things. i'm sure they will be more than eager and willing to give you a full body cavity search. WHOA!

good luck and keep us posted!

Haute in LA said...

This is just my first visit to the blog and I'm like "did she get the computer yet? i need tales...and pronto!!" LOL! Great writing...

White Flower said...

Breezy, I'm so sorry. If you want, I'll post as an alias you... just give me your password and we'll be straight! Yeah right, I know you won't let that go :)

Miss you.

Anonymous said...

Its all a bit distressing about the computer. But, yes. Still fabulous!

t.v. said...

Well I guess this answers my question as to why you were MIA for the past few days. :)
I can understand the addiction. I do everything on my 'lappy' and she's real close to becoming my new bestfriend.
Good thing my bestfriend is not the jealous type, because I would be in trouble. lol...

You and your knee are in my prayers.

dejanae said...

haha
buy u a computer huh?

Anonymous said...

now I know you can get some free clothes from that Ralph Lauren photo shoot....
size 'junk-in-the-trunk' please?
thanks!
have a safe flight Bri

Anonymous said...

You are so animated, which makes for a good read.

Ahhh, New York, my new favorite place.

Have fun and please don't do us a disservice by posting withOUT pictures. Thanks.

Get better knee!

Anonymous said...

Look at someone getting ready for their close up. How dare they tinker with perfection! :-)

Brianna said...

whoa! how cool...how did you stumble across that picture?! and why in the world did they say i was a rower???

Jackie E. said...

Hey Brianna. I can't believe that you of all people forget her computer. I just figured that that was one of the first things you packed!! I can only imagine your shock and awe when you realized that you didn't have it with you. Well anyway, good luck in JA and Qatar and I'll be seeing you out in LA soon.

Anonymous said...

I came across the photo while searching for your site. I didn't have your blog in my favorites (please forgive me), so I Googled ya. :-)

I too wondered why they said you were a rower. I was like, Brianna is gonna make sure she makes the Olympic team one way or another. :-)