Thursday, April 10, 2008

a quick rant...


I’ve been in Chicago for the last couple of days and as you may know, Chicago is one of the hubs for American Airlines. Yes, the same airline who has had their planes sitting on the ground for the past couple of days doing absolutely nothing. I learned of this slight hiccup when I arrived in Chicago and the person greeting our plane informed all transit passengers that they wouldn’t be going anywhere any time soon and that all planes were grounded. I smugly patted myself on the back that I was lucky enough to have Chicago as my final destination. The next afternoon, as the time was drawing near for me to depart to the airport and board my flight back home, I overheard someone commenting on how American planes were still grounded. A quick talk with the travel agent confirmed this horrible news. No American flight to Tucson and no flights PERIOD leaving out of O’Hare that could get me to Tucson that day. I couldn’t even make a connection, everything was full thanks to this airlines inability to get their act together. So she continues to work on my problem and soon produces me with a new itinerary and boarding pass. I will be flying out of Midway airport 5 hours later on Southwest. Ugh. I hate to sound like one of those uppity, pretentious travelers, but I really do dislike Southwest. And I suppose they have their place in the market and it’s sometimes a necessary evil, but that is when you are taking a short trip to a neighboring state. Shoot, I don’t even fly them when I go home to L.A. anymore if I can help it. So since this is pretty much my only option for getting home, I’m stuck. And of course I’m one of the last people to board. And of course I get a middle seat between two big guys because the flight is absolutely full (thanks to overflow from American). And of course I miss the drink cart because I dosed off and never saw it return. You see, on American I was flying first class and I was really looking forward to consuming as many beverages and homemade chocolate chip cookies as possible. So this was indeed a letdown. But I’m home now. And now that I’ve had the opportunity to rant, I feel a lot better.

p.s. this post is for Bianca because she complained that she was forced to go to my blog and not be greeted with a new post. perhaps if she COMMENTED i would know that she read the last one already and quickly be on top of producing something else for her enjoyment. But no, she did not. I plan on writing about my trip to Chicago later today...sometime after I've had my coffee and can think clearly.

6 comments:

J-Dub said...

I have left a couple of comments as anonymous but I figured I might as well get with the times. I don't remember if anyone has posed this question to you but here goes.

Is there a common feeling towards the Olympic boycott attitude that is building up or are there a lot of mixed opinions between your peers? Either way, what is your opinion on it because you have basically dedicated your whole life to this pinnacle of the sporting world?

Brianna said...

hey there...i do plan on blogging my thoughts on the boycott...probably in the next week or so. i've been asked about it a lot but of course it is a complicated and complex subject so i want to make sure i get my thoughts together.

White Flower said...

Dearest Brianna:

Thanks for posting. I missed your rants.

Your best friend,
B

PS Why in the world would I leave a comment for you to post something new when I could just call you?

Anonymous said...

Girl, hope you never gotta take the Greyhound one day...
I'd be eagerly awaiting that blog, lol.
Daniel

Anonymous said...

I'm still around!
Incase you or your faithful readers were wondering and/or sad that they haven't seen a post from me in a while.

M. Brian Blake said...

Well, there goes the Southwest Airlines sponsorship (smile).