Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Yes, they're real!


LOL...no, not those! In fact, parts of this picture are very much not in any way a real representation of my body. But who am I to complain??!! The one question I have received more than any other after my debut as a Bud girl though, is if those are really my abs. I must assume that those of you who pose that question don't know me. And what people love to ask after viewing is how they can get their stomach like mine. The simple answer is...you can't. I'm 99% sure that the majority of the population will not be able to replicate this in their local 24 hour fitness. If you are still dead set on giving it a shot though, my most helpful advice is the following...

*Become a track athlete: The reason you see so many hard bodies when you watch a track meet is not by accident. The way we train and what we do in training creates very defined bodies. We tend to have very low body fat percentage and so much of what we do builds our core and most events call for a very strong core. This does not necessarily mean we spend hours upon hours doing actual crunches. I've tried that 8 minute ab video. No thanks. Of course, the things we do in our training serves a specific purpose and looking good in our sports bras is only an added benefit.

*Watch what you eat: I won't say too much about this because I eat what I want and for the most part it doesn't make a difference in my body since I work out so much. But I will say that there are probably tons of people with rock hard abs underneath a few layers. You've got to remove the layers!

*Have good genetics: Unfortunately this one is something you won't really be able to improve on your own. I had a six pack when I was 9 years old. Literally. I don't know why and I don't know how...but some of you out there wouldn't need digital enhancement to the top of your bathing suit so call it EVEN!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

If anyone doubts the authenticity of those abs just go to the attached link, http://www.usatf.org/events/2008/USAIndoorTFChampionships/photos/.
Under photo galleries, click on Sunday, Feb 24. Go to photo 22 and there you will see the abs AND headband in all their glory. Brianna your percentage of body fat must be about 3-4%. Do yo thang, girl! :-)

Anonymous said...

Bri you just wanted an excuse to post that Bud picture again didn't you? Conceited ass....
But seriously people, as her sister I can vouch that those abs are real. If I knew how to post pictures on this thing I would show one where I'm like 5 and Brianna is 8 and we're by a pool in some cheap ghetto apartments, and homegirl is rockin this pink and leopard print, cave girl looking two piece bathing suit and has an 8 pack! I kid you not.

In case anyone was wondering if I inherited those same abs? The answer is no, no I did not. And I am very upset about it. Brianna just happens to be truly blessed in the stomach area. I, on the other hand have a nice butt so I guess life isn't that cruel after all.

Teej said...

LMAO....You are such a tease!

Dammit I want a detailed blog about the workout regimen and the training exercises.

Brianna said...

brit...you HAD a nice butt. Let's not forget that right now you are the size of a house and your behind is like a 3 car garage.

LOL...if you can find that picture, PLEASE send it to me. I know exactly which one you're talking about.

Unknown said...

Who cares about the percent, your beautiful you worked hard to get them. Enjoy your Bud time hope you get more opportunities to shine on and off he track! Good luck in the Outdoors.

Anonymous said...

I know after a serious run, my core is what I feel burning for days. Not my thighs...my abs. I knew I should've stuck with track.

Anonymous said...

Nicely done. Plus if you look at any of your other pictures you can see the ab and leg definition. I am a little upset that they airbrushed some of the definition out of your legs (or so you said they did).

Anonymous said...

Hey, I am trying to get those abs too. I think I am one of those persons who need to watch what I eat. That and I really need to do more crunches and core work - LOL. I know they are there and somewhat visible, just need to drop a few % body fat (although I dont have much fat too lose:).

Anonymous said...

Here's a direct link to the picture gamelord talked about above:

http://www.usatf.org/events/2008/USAIndoorTFChampionships/photos/2008-02-24/Glenn_Brianna_USind08.jpg