Sunday, February 10, 2008

It pays to be a Supermodel

(at least more than a track athlete!)

I will be spending the next couple of days in the Big Apple courtesy of Anheuser-Busch and Sports Illustrated. I did a modeling job over the summer that I will be sharing more about when it debuts in the next week or so, and because of that, I get to pretend I am the next Giselle for the next 72 hours. I get to fly first class, stay in an ultra swanky New York hotel, limo service…the whole nine. All this just to attend a launch party for the magazine. The crazy thing is, I am a teeny-weeny goldfish in this proverbial pond and I still get the red-carpet treatment. It makes me question why I give all my blood, sweat, and tears to a profession that forces me to take the cheapest flights I can find with 9 hour layovers in Uzbekistan, arrive at the airport only to find out nobody has remembered to pick me up, and share a room with Olga, the non-speaking Russian. In fact, I am leaving New York on Wednesday to head across the pond-- in coach of course-- to run a race on Saturday in Birmingham, England. My life on the catwalk will be short-lived. I plan on enjoying my life as a wannabe supermodel but given the fact that I’m not having any more growth spurts and my only curves come from the weight-room, I doubt I’ll be changing professions any time soon. It’s ok though…I’m quite content with where I deposit my blood, sweat, and tears.

13 comments:

Nigel "6five" Bigbee said...

I am sure you could make it in the super fab world of modeling. Just make sure they are hitting you with those low angles. lol everyone can look like a giant if they are shooting from below the knee.

Anonymous said...

Vat you meen? I just nevah vant to speek tew gew! Gew are borving!

Anonymous said...

"I'm too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for my shirt, so sexy it hurts!"

Rock the runway, Breezy! I love you and don't forget to blog about your trip. When Melanie starts acting up and being lame, remember that IIII was the who orginally was suppose to go with you : )

Shhhh, don't tell Mel : )

Anonymous said...

You're going to look AMAZING...I just know it!

Anonymous said...

As a former print/commercial model, I will admit that I had many good times. I was never into drugs or alcohol like most of the guys in my camp, but I enjoyed just being a model and that was enough for me. I would say that being a model was a really overrated experience, but I won't. It is one of those things I will be able to tell my kids that I did in life and I am proud of it. LOL!

Marcus LANGFORD
HostGator Is Da Bomb!

Anonymous said...

BRIANNA, Sports Illustrated came in the mail today. You're on the back cover...did you see it yet? Like in print? You look AWESOME! If you decide to change professions, I'll support you! :) By the way, can you autograph this for me? I'm framing it and adding it to the wall in our office. But don't worry, I promise not to hang you next to W. I know how you feel about that.

Brianna said...

woohoo!!!! i can't believe i'm in print for real. and why is the magazine out and i have yet to attend the "launch" party???

Anonymous said...

My sister the Supermodel....how will I ever get your head to shrink after this one?
Just file this under, yet again, "Things I Am Proud of You For". This one, unlike most of the other opportunities that knock on your door, is mainly about how beautiful your face is. They may have had to tone down the legs and boost up the boobs, but I'm almost certain they left your face exactly how it photographed. Stunning. Love you and miss you Bri. Have a safe flight, to NY and Tim Buck.

Liz Dwyer said...

Goodness, trips to the UK and to NYC!!! Coach or 1st class, you still get to go and that's a whole lot of fun. I never read SI but next time I'm at the grocery, I'm going to check it out just to see you!

Brianna said...

Awww. Love you brit. Tell my niece I will see her soon!

P.S. They totally airbrushed me some cleavage!

Anonymous said...

Can someone please tell me what/who is on the front or what month it's for? The issue I'm seeing in stores doesn't have the ad. :-(

Brianna said...

Marisa Miller is on the cover...it is the swimsuit edition, not the regular sports illustrated. Should have come out on the 13th.

Anonymous said...

Saw you on the Budweiser ad and that led to looking you up on the internet. Should be good exposure for you and your career. Good luck in making your Olympic dreams come true.