Friday, February 3, 2012

Quick update...

For some reason, my friends and family just don't seem to think that a quick status update or a tweet contains enough information about the happenings of my competitions and experiences in Europe. They really can be quite demanding of me sometimes. So, to update them as well as the rest of y'all, here is a quick recap of my life over the last couple of days...

*my forehead still hurts and there is still a noticeable lump. (see blog below for further information.)

*I competed in a small competition in Linz, Austria last night. The good news is I won. The other news is all my jumps were just consistently average... but the good news in that is that they were consistent. I'm working hard on finding the silver lining in things these days. Most importantly though, is that I enjoyed myself competing and I know that ultimately I'm ready to jump far once things start timing up better, which would be awesome if that could happen Sunday.

*I landed in Russia today for a competition on Sunday. All I want to share about the trip so far is that it is -20 degrees outside. Please make sure you grasp the negative I included there. We walked outside the airport because we were told the van was "pulling up" and it didn't actually show up for 5 minutes. I learned a couple things--leggings might as well be fishnet stockings for all the good they do to combat weather, and the $50 coat I bought that seemed like it was really warm, is probably missing some of the material that makes coats functional in weather like this. I was seriously debating doing jumping jacks or high knees in place to keep warm. It's two hours later and I'm still shivering.

*the show I downloaded on my iPad for this trip is called Downton Abby and I'm hooked already. This has been the highlight of my trip since it's too bloody cold to walk outside and see the sights.

Thats it for now. Please continue to pray for me...



10 comments:

bg said...

I discovered Downton Abby a few weeks back on PBS. It's really good, I was surprised. Enjoy the journey. xoxo!

Brittany said...

I don't like your tone. If we ask, you get mad. If we don't ask, you get mad.
This is why I'm glad I'm a female, and date men, cuz if I was a man and had to date females, with your confusing selfs, I'd be single for life.

Love you though <3

jasmine* said...

you said "bloody"...i'm liking this Downtown Abby show already! ;)

steveburks said...

Amen to the importance of consistency; it makes problems isolat-able.

Bianca said...

YOU BLOGGED FOR ME!!!

PS I'm on episode six of DTA [<---what the cool kids call Downton Abbey] and I love it!

Love,
The cool kids

Karen Shinkins said...

Shut you face : 0 I just downloaded and started watching Downton Abbey last week. Clearly its what all the cool kids are watching these days : )

Anonymous said...

Newsflash!! If you bought your coat in southern california, it was designed for "southern california winter". And judging by our "winters", that would make your coat just perfect for maybe...60 degrees. Definately not -20! Praying for greatness in Russia!

Love you...Aunt S

Anonymous said...

I watched Downton Abbey ALL EPISODES on Netflix!! Good stuff

Anonymous said...

Brittany if you were a man like the rest of us those issues would be overlooked. One hit of that female pocket candy has some addictive side effects.

Anonymous I live in California and it is most certainly around the 20's hear. Hey, is anyone game for a weekend ski trip?

Fly straight and true Ms. Glenn faith is waiting to catch you.

Allen W said...

Stay consistent but make sure you do not get sick or injured. As for the weather and the elements that you are dealing with, it sounds as if you are not prepared for your location. And then again, you are competing indoors.

This is coming from Minnesota where we are having a mild and very little snow so far for a winter. A typical winter and you could have landed here for your competition. Good Luck and Take Care.