Thursday, November 13, 2008

Bumps and Bruises

I’ve experienced pain before. The countless times I sprained my ankle. My hamstring. Of course my knee has given me its fair share of issues. Even my little pinky I broke years ago put a severe hamper on the day-to-day activities. They were all very painful in their own right and a reminder of how we depend on each part of our body to feel healthy and wholesome. Let’s face it; God knew what he was doing. So I know that He is fully aware of how extremely uncomfortable I have been for the last day and a half. If I go to sit down or stand up, you’d swear I was 9 months pregnant and hiding it well. I will more than likely give myself a urinary tract infection if I continue to try and hold off using the bathroom. And trying to get a peaceful night of sleep is nearly impossible. As soon as I made the slightest adjustment I would be reminded immediately that even a centimeter or two could made a difference between comfort and misery. I even had to give up getting the front side of my legs massaged due to my inability to lie on my back without screaming in pain.

Ladies and Gentleman, please do your best to protect your tailbone. Just trust me on this one.

6 comments:

Jon Lustig said...

I had a strange feeling I knew where that was going as soon as I heard inability to lie on my back without screaming. If you're one of those people who thinks that Brianna is a drama queen about this sort of thing, let me assure you that she hasn't even begun in this case.
My happy experience came not in one of those nice NHL rinks where the air is actually kept close to 60 so the ice ends up having the least bit of give in it, but during practice in a rink where the air temperature might have actually been below freezing. That means the ice doesn't look half melted like it does at the end of a period the way you see on TV. Anyway, the pain from landing on the area in question was so bad that for the better part of the next week I had to walk to/from classes with cotton stuffed in my mouth so that I would have something to bite down on as an outlet for it. Bri, you have no idea how much I feel for you at this moment.

Eternal Lizdom said...

I've broken my tailbone 3 times- all within about 2 years. So it would heal (which would take a good six months) and then I would break it again.

I was terrified of childbirth because I was certain it would break again... I'd been told that when the tailbone heals, it curves more. 3 breaks and heals and I figured my tailbone would be a real stopping point for a baby head. But it ended up not being an issue.

The cool thing is that I can use my ass to accurately predict when it is going to rain...

Anonymous said...

Ms. Glenn,
But we're missing the best part here, the wonderful way you'd re-count whatever happened ...
Get better.
Daniel

Jasmine said...

Want me to kiss it and make it better?! ;)

Anonymous said...

yeah, way to leave us hanging on the story behind how you hurt your tailbone. it's not like that is a normal bone to hurt. GIVE UP THE GOODS PLEASE!

k. carli said...

Bri---

That knee...now this tailbone! Girl hang in there. My Sister broke hers playing basketball in college, and it's pretty much healed. Maybe once a year she has issues with it. So, I'm believing that after this passes, you will be fine. Perhaps you will be able to predict stormy or cold weather more accurately...but I guess that just comes with the territory! ;-)