Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Weekend Update

I'm back in the United States. You should never say such a thing when just a few days prior you were tweeting about your travels to Russia. Two nights of sleep are just not enough when you've made your way that far across the globe, but alas, it is what it is. Anyway, I'm back and the good/bad news is that I'm not even jet-lagged. I say "bad" because I always look forward to those first few mornings back from a trip when I wake up before dawn full of energy and ready to conquer the world. There is so much productivity happening at that time of day when you are up and wide awake! Sadly, I woke up at 8:30 this morning and still didn't feel like getting out of bed. That pretty much makes the only thing positive about this trip to Russia being the accumulation of miles as I start my journey towards 1K status on Star Alliance. Hey, at least I found a positive!

In all honesty, there really wasn't much positive about this weekend. Before going I thought about pulling out because I wasn't able to line up any other competitions afterwards and I didn't feel like a turnaround trip was the best idea, but then I would just be wasting the money I spent on getting a renewed passport and visa in a weeks time, and I really hate flushing money down the toilet like that. So I went. And after 20 hours of flying I fouled 3 times and had 1 below mediocre jump. But the good news is I saved 15% on my auto insurance.

As you can tell, I'm in a pretty good mood about the whole thing. It honestly didn't even seem worth the effort to pout about it. I'm excited to get back to a couple weeks of good training and then compete at Indoor Nationals at the end of the month. I'm back in San Diego, it's 70 degrees outside, and Russia is almost a distant memory by now.

6 comments:

Bianca said...

WOW. I don't even know you anymore?!

You are handling everything in your life with such grace and optimism! I love this!!!

Can I meet with your therapist?

Usain Bolt said...

Look at it this way.

3 fouls are better than 5 crappy jumps!

If you are going to suck, better to suck without the mark to go along with it!

So all in all, good job! LOL! :)!

Anonymous2 said...

After your first competition where you had no fouls, didn't expect 3 out of 4 to be fouls on this trip. Hopefully some of the fouls were at least long ones.

Anonymous said...

you looked so 80's at moscow. ;-)

t.v. said...

I thought you participated yearly at the Aviva Grand Prix meet in Birmingham, UK.

Why not this year?

Jake, CORE 360 Magazine said...

If you are going to have off days, its better they come early in the season.

Stay focused and your training and natural ability will take over.