Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Anatomy of a Champion



I've explained this to people time and time again, but I'm not sure they really "get" it. I am a competitor to my core. It's part of everything I do and how I face every situation. There are times I try and hide it a little bit because I'm not sure everyone understands this approach to life and might think it a bit extreme--unless of course you are exactly like me. But if you aren't like me, you might wonder why anything that could possibly be a competition, is. And if it is in fact a competition, then I want to win. It is this approach to life that helps me do what I do for a living, and also helps me in other situations that arise from time to time…

My brother's wedding was this weekend, and when it came time for the bouquet toss, these nice girls didn't know what they were in for. All I've got to say is that if I jump like this when it comes to the Olympic Final, the gold medal is mine!

Earlier in the day my siblings and I took a picture and it seems as if I was commenting on how I should be the one with a ring on my finger. You know, since my brother who is NINE YEARS YOUNGER THAN ME was getting married and all.


When it came time for the bouquet toss, I purposely positioned myself in front and forewarned my competitors. My sister tries to secretly send Cynthia a message and tell her to throw long, but let's be real...I jump for a living.


The flowers go up, and I go into beast mode.


Victory!! It's a shame I don't have an actual picture of me jumping, because I honestly had some serious air time.


Typical of people who aren't "true" competitors, my sister tries to steal my flowers since she wasn't talented enough to grab them for herself.

I plan on applying the same tactics in Eugene, then London, and after that see how they work on a nice young gentleman who will help that naked finger of mine...




8 comments:

deaulivery said...

They should add flowers up somehow so contestants would jump up to reach it, while they're jumping on the sand:))

Bianca said...

Hahahahahahahahaha...

Hahahahahahahahaha...

I LOVE these picture. HILARIOUS.

Jump up,
B

Unknown said...

your future husb is really in for it, bri. i can't wait to meet him ;o)

Anonymous said...

Actually I am impressed how fit you look in that dress.

Paolo.81 said...

hahahaha

you will win every competition ^_^

Anonymous said...

Geeeshh look at your arms, work out much?


Something to check out Ms. Glenn good luck!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXVUJC6Ryv8&feature=relmfu

Allen W said...

So you won the toss. I am sure that you ladies that were out there, were well aware of jumping and competing for a toss wearing short dresses. I am sure that you all were conscious about that. Sounds like you all had fun. Now you have a sister in law.

Jadon said...

It looked like the other ladies had given up and weren't even going to put up a fight... they don't even look like they are looking at the bouquet!