Friday, June 29, 2012

The Road to London


Today I finally get my opportunity to lace up my spikes, step on the runway, and really get this party started. I'm excited. As the sign in the picture says, "The Road to London starts here." It's been a long week of patiently waiting and putting the finishing touches on starting on that road that I've spent years preparing for. The majority of people in the stands tomorrow might not be all that excited to see me out there, but there are about fifteen people who made the trip to Eugene especially for me to be my support and my cheering squad. And they are the best support group a girl could ever ask for. I am thankful and beyond blessed to have such amazing people in my corner who love and support me and who might even call in some favors to the Big Man to have the wind behind me push me a little further into the pit. And there is also YOU. Some who I know personally and some who I don't-- who visit my blog, read my ramblings, and allow me to share a little piece of my journey,--you are special to me. Thank you for letting me know that you care because it's a source of inspiration even when you may not realize it. Thank you for following along in this journey… cheering me on… sending well wishes… and most importantly, thank you for your prayers. I told someone the other day that I may not have the most fans, a ton of endorsements, or anything like that, but I truly believe that I have some of the most fiercest prayer warriors out there in my corner. That motivates and inspires me like no other because I believe in the power of prayer and the strength that comes in knowing that God has a specific purpose and plan for my life these next couple of days. He's already ordered my steps and `given me all the ability I need. That calms my spirit, builds my confidence, and allows me to compete with joy in my heart because I know it is a blessing to be able to do my very best as an offering to God.

So, here is to following your dreams with all your heart and doing your very best because that is all there is to do. I am excited to see where the road will lead.

8 comments:

Bianca said...

I'm in Portland waiting for my flight. I am SO excited. But moreso, I'm SO praying for your ankle!

Eat at Bri's...

Anonymous said...

I would say Good Luck, but you got it in the bag!

Daniel said...

Ms. Glenn,
Our best is with you. Jump far!

(And why the heck is Bianca FLYING from Portland to Eugene?! LOL! Just get a car, girl! It ain’t that far)

Lashawn said...

Brianna,

Every time I read your blogs, I send a little prayer up that God will order your steps to do the very best that He would have you do (and push you on through to the Olympics, ;)...). You are such an inspiration to me. Long jump has been my baby for many, many years. I went to school for free doing it, and I coach it. I dreamed of going to the Trials, qualifying for the Olympics, and doing what I absolutely love to do on a daily basis. But God had/has other plans for me. I'm no longer jumping or hurdling, although everyday I wish I could, and I'm seeing old teammates and competitors flourish. You're right, God has ordered your steps. He knows exactly what the outcome is going to be. You just let Him use you and I'll be watching for you in London. ALL the best.

Allen W said...

Again, I wish you the best of luck with all of this. I am on the list of your friends that you have not met. You do have a lot of people in your corner (including me) and knowing that people care really does mean a lot. Go get em!!!!

Anonymous said...

I know three others participating in the trials, one made the team, another dropped out due to injury and the verdict is still out on the third. So why now do I feel anxious suddenly?

Reading all your short stories over the last few years represents the emotions to succeed at what so many people want. To live within our ideal expectations and share the victories with people we love. You have supporters in Eugene, fellow athletes and your father gazing upon the wonderful journey you have created. Those are benefits most often not ask for yet, we receive such rewards because you planted seeds in souls that give birth to faith. They say we believe in you Brianna Glenn.

Embrace the fact Brianna you have the opportunity to take a shot, have crazy fun today and jump for joy.

Anonymous said...

Great blog...great perspective... great competition...great faith.

maddsolutiononline said...

Shineclinic: Aging is a problem for all of us, and when the lotions do not accomplish their goals we go further. This means using a dermal filler treatment. There is nothing shameless in doing it. Everyone does the dermal filler no matter if they are men or women. We all want to feel go
Microdermabrasion
Dermal fillers
Skin Clinic Brisbane
Botox Brisbane
cosmetic clinic Brisbane
clinic Brisbane
http://www.shineclinic.com



Olemus: Working with skilled house builders from Brisbane we took our projects to a high level of performance. Our clients have the benefit of enjoying their new home with doing anything. The house builders in Brisbane are ecognized by excellent work that they have done creating exclusive and unique places to live in. You have to tell us your dreams, and with the help of our house builders from Brisbane will make it become true.
house builders brisbane
home builder brisbane
home renovations Brisbane
http://www.olemus.com.au